Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where I Stand - Wednesday, September 8th, 2010




Journal Excerpt

You're about to go on a trip with me in almost every sense of the word. I'm leaving gate A12 at Houston's Intercontinental Airport. Those of you who know me should be able to assume that I was visiting Jordan, and you would be correct.

I miss her. It's been a long time, but I've done this whole process before. It's weird to now know that I'm at an age to fix this. I think it took her moving to Michigan for me to realize it.

However, right now I am alone in my seat, seat 16A. I'm taking in to account the small size of the plane, the crumbs that were on my seat, the forehead grease on my cabin window, and hearing the flight attendants talk about safety in my head.

"we're number three for departure"

We're waiting. I want to put my tray down so I have a real surface to write on. Also, I'm having separation anxiety from my cell phone, as I'm sure many of you would be.

Turn Off Electronic Devices

Here we go...

From the sky this place looks obsessive compulsive. Each building is identical to the point that I compared them to Monopoly houses and hotels. I can see towns being erected. They'll give it a fantastical forest name.

It's amazing how a vacation that consisted of essentially running daily errands and watching DVD's can make you fall deeply in love with someone. I know it's not just me too. She's writing similar thoughts in her journal, if she hasn't already, she will soon enough.

I'm debating turning my cell phone on and texting her since technically they didn't say to put it on airplane mode.

"on today's flight you will earn 1,076 miles"

As I lean forward to look out the window I feel the overhead air begin to cool the sweat on my back. I'm going to have summer instantly lost on me as I've missed Michigan's transition week. I'll be dropping an instant 20 degrees upon my arrival.

My head begins to inch a little too close to creating my own grease smear on the window. I'm seeing the ultimate high score of Sim City some thousands of feet or miles below me. I pull my slightly misused and unlevel tray down for my drink and notice more crumbs. What's the old saying? "An airline that doesn't clean it's tray tables hasn't something, something, you're going to crash."

Forget everything I said. This lady gave me MY OWN Coke can AND peanuts AND pretzels. Best flight ever!

Houston Partly Cloudy 86 degrees

For those of you that truly listen, you will be given a tour into the inner workings of my mind as I explore it myself.

I gave Jordan a big example of my thought process earlier this week. I consider myself a naturally lucky person. I know the process, I appreciate the process, and I allow the process.

The process is basically this:

If you allow yourself to believe you deserve good things and that these things will come to you if you put forth effort - then your mindset changes to make this BECOME reality. Not only will you move towards positive things, but you will also change your perception of events to SEE the good of a scenario while simultaneously ignoring the bad (but not the lessons you learn from the bad.) Bad things become "your goal hasn't been achieved YET."

I've unconsciously held these beliefs for so long that things I ask for, hope for, and wish for, seem to just happen. I understand my responsibility in this though and know to respect that I have this "luck." I must appreciate it.

I also try to respect and understand others. It's almost frustratingly hard to upset me because I feel that I understand the underlying reason why such and such event has happened.

I told Jordan that she will have this for a month. It was almost like the Tony Robbins scene from Shallow Hal. Afterwards I prayed for it to be a reality, because I always thank God when these "mini miracles" happen. I feel Blessed and that I should tell people they can have this too.

I feel really good knowing that she is going to have a good month. "There is no other option" I told her and that's what I'm hearing in my own head. "It just HAS to work out."

You can't fail if you think that everything you do is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment