Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where I Stand - 86.6


For a few moments earlier I conceded to the heat of Texas. I've apparently been here just around 84 days now and I was ready to call it 83 Steve, Texas 1. I took it back a few moments later after I calmed down, but it was hot. The thing is, it's been hotter, I've been sweatier, and I've been more uncomfortable. It was the numbers that did me in.

I put batteries in an electronic thermometer that Jordan's dad gave us a year or two ago - so now I KNEW how hot it was in my apartment. I'm bored today as it is my day off so I took to the challenge of lowering the temperature in my apartment. Foolish idea. It dropped one degree for a while, but as the day wore on it jumped back up...and then climbed even higher.

My number mind wanted to actually turn the air off so that I could save money on electricity, while my competitive mind wanted to lower the temperature. I lowered the humidity...if that counts.

Still, I had to get out of the apartment or risk getting another case of cabin fever. I go out into my car, which, have I mentioned, has no air conditioning. The sun, the wind, the heat...all of it bore through me as I drove to one of the only places I know in Texas, the mall.

It all got to me, until I realized that it's been hotter, I've been sweatier, and I've been more uncomfortable.

84-0

No comments:

Post a Comment