Monday, June 20, 2011

First paid Texas performance

The show was such a blast that I'm writing this entire blog from my phone! As soon as I walked through the door I was greeted and introduced to my "main audience", who were all anticipating my arrival - some of them almost too much so!

I did a couple quick card scams before being whisked to the front of the room, along with a deftly performed introduction, as a crowd began pushing their chairs together to create an instant stage.

I had no time to even consider being nervous. It was such a fun time with very likely THE coolest group I can remember having performed with, and that includes performing to an entire girl soccer team in high school!

The Mind Reading set perhaps went a little too good as I was met with responses of "I feel violated!" Hmmm...I should delete that sentence! The show led me to becoming part of a 20 minute conversation on brain waves and mental telepathy.

Soon after, the lights went down and it was time to party! I considered leaving, but I had people coming over with cell phones using a flash light app to light the performance space. I ended up staying another two hours until over half a dozen forks and spoons were twisted on the table ala Uri Gellar and Steve Banachek.

I wish them all the best and I just wanted to mention that I had been thinking of that nite for two days now! Also, theatre kids are really good at karaoke.

-Steve
"Aka the Michigan magician!"

No comments:

Post a Comment